Pop-Up Paper Sculpture
This lesson can be found in Davis Publications' elementary art curriculum, Explorations in Art. It is from the second grade book. The student examples were created by my students. I often use this lesson for teacher inservices so I wanted to make it available here.
- compare and contrast pop-up books and cards.
- create an original pop-up face or creature.
- 9" x 12" assorted colored construction paper, 2 per student
- assorted colors of scraps of construction paper
Fold 9” x 12” paper in half like a book. Cut a horizontal line starting at the middle on the fold about halfway to the unfolded sides of the paper. Fold each cut back to make a 45 degree angle. Fold each cut the opposite way and then push out the "mouth."
- compare and contrast pop-up books and cards?
- create an original pop-up face or creature?