SchoolArts wants you to share your:
- successful lessons
- areas of concern
- approaches to teaching art
Each issue of the volume year revolves around a theme that focuses on the human side of the studio art projects, i.e. story, play, meaning. The editor determines which issue/theme is the best fit for your article, so don’t worry about fitting a theme. It is more important to be passionate about your lesson, idea, or concept.
- Electronic manuscript (Word document or PDF). Text must not exceed 800 words.
- Your name, position, teaching/school information address, phone number, and e-mail address MUST be included in your manuscript.
- High-resolution image files to illustrate your lesson. Download our complete Writer’s Guidelines here for detailed information about submitting images.
- If submitting student artwork, submit completed artwork release forms for each student. You can download a reproducible permission form here.
- We want to make sure your students get the credit they deserve, so make sure to send captions for each photo (include student’s name and grade level).
How to submit your lesson:
By e-mail (preferred method): Articles may be submitted by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. We highly recommend that you submit your text and images in a compressed (.zip) file through our Hightail uplink at www.hightail.com/u/SchoolArts-Submissions. Alternatively, you may attach your text and high-resolution images to one e-mail. Note: Sending your submission in a single e-mail may limit the number of images you can send, and some e-mail programs will compress large attachments.
By mail: Load the photos on your computer and save them on a CD, DVD, or thumb drive, along with your article text (.doc or .docx files preferred). You can also have the photos put on a CD for you at your local photo-developing center. Mail your digital article text and photos on a CD, along with signed permission forms to: SchoolArts Magazine, Article Submissions, 50 Portland St., Worcester, MA 01608.
Author benefits include:
- Free one-year print and digital subscription
- Up to six free copies of the issue in which your article was published
- Honorarium of up to $100 per article
- Two years of access to Davis Digital (Sign up for a free test drive at DavisArtSpace.com)
Download our full Writer’s Guidelines here, or contact our Editor, Nancy Walkup at NWalkup@DavisArt.com.