By Marilyn G. Stewart and Sydney R. Walker
Practical support for thematic teaching in art
Research shows that thematic teaching across the curriculum significantly increases student engagement. This groundbreaking book by Marilyn Stewart and Sydney Walker gives concrete examples of how teachers can enhance their current lessons and studio activities by organizing them around meaningful, universal themes like identity, conflict, and relationships.
Available individually or as part of the Art Education in Practice Series. 162 pages, softcover
Table of Contents
- Step-by-step guidelines for selecting content for organizing art instruction
- Sample completed worksheets and charts to guide curriculum planning
- Examples from actual units of study
- Reproducible worksheets, sample rubrics, and more
- Rethinking Curriculum in Context
- Making It Count: Unit Foundations
- Making Choices: Selecting Lesson Content to Build on Unit Foundations
- Helping Students Learn: Instruction
- Targeting Understanding: Assessment and the Curriculum
- Art and Integrated Curriculum
- Visual Culture and the Curriculum
ORDERING INFORMATION: Please allow one to two business days to process your order. After processing, you will receive your login credentials to access your online copy of Rethinking Curriculum in Art DIGITAL.
Learn about the print edition of Rethinking Curriculum in Art Education.