Discovering African Art
Eighteen objects, which represent African artists from different times, regions and ethnic groups, challenge common notions, and encourage a re-examination of African art and culture. The objects profiled range from early fifteenth century to the present, and offer a variety of media and techniques.
Each topic details two works, which allows students to compare and contrast representations and ideas from different regions.
Table of Contents
African Timeline and Map
- Traditions: Portraits of Rulers
- Signs of Power
- Personal Adornment
- Religious Icons: Foreign Legacies
- Objects of Spirit, Power, and Glory
- Memorial Effigies: Remembering the Dead
- Conventions and Innovations: Past and Present
- Revealing the Unknown
- New Media and African Art
Tags: african art, cultural studies, Jacqueline Chanda, Discovering African Art, African artists
This product has no customer reviews.
Must have an account to rate and/or review.
Sign in or