Davis Publications Submission Guidelines
Davis Publications is an international publisher of art education textbooks and resource books for the early childhood, K–12, higher education, and afterschool markets. Our print and digital products serve as references, instructional resources, and advocacy tools for teachers, students, and anyone else active or interested in the field of visual arts and design.
Please be aware that Davis rarely publishes unsolicited manuscripts. Before submitting your idea, you should look critically at the types of products that we publish. If you decide to send us a brief letter about your idea, you should be able to explain how your work supports or is a complement to Davis’ current offerings. If your work is unrelated to the current publishing list, please outline reasons this work is essential to the field.
Your brief letter should include:
- a short summary of the goals and objectives of the proposed book;
- a statement of the proposed audience for this book;
- a list of any competing titles that already exist in the marketplace, particularly Davis products;
- an explanation of how your proposed book would be different or would suit the needs of the intended audience;
- an outline of the proposed book, with brief paragraphs describing the content of each section/chapter, including image suggestions.
We will acknowledge all submissions promptly, and if it is an idea that we are interested in exploring more deeply, we will send you detailed instructions for preparing and submitting a manuscript.
Davis also publishes SchoolArts magazine. If you have never written for Davis before, submitting an article to SchoolArts can be an excellent way to start, and may improve your chances of success in publishing a lengthier product. Please visit SchoolArts.com and check out our Facebook page (SchoolArts magazine) to learn more and access writer’s guidelines.
Thank you for your interest in Davis Publications.
Inspiring art teachers to explore art history.
Sharing the world of art education.