An all-new edition of this best-selling reference.
An invaluable resouce for art educators, this best seller has been completely revised for today's art-making space. This all-new edition will keep you up-to-date on hazardous materials, tools, and procedures; with web links to the most current health and safety information. References to downloadable forms and checklists under Online Resources on this site are included.
The practical plan outlined for implementing an artroom saftey program makes this book a must for anyone who teaches art.
Table of contents
Part I: An Overview of Health and Safety Issues in Art-Making Spaces
1. Identifying the Hazards
2. Precautions and Protections
3. Controlling Art Workspace Hazards
4. Initiating Corrective Actions Through Knowledge and Cooperation
Part II: Understanding the Nature of Health and Safety in Art-Making Space
5. What Constitutes Health Hazards
6. Sources of Safety Hazards
7. Hazards of Working with Common Art Materials and Processes
Part III: Health and Safety Content of the Curriculum and Legal Problems
8. The Curriculum and Safety
9. Legal Liabilities for Teachers and Art-Activities Leaders