Create stimulating and supportive programs for artistically gifted and talented students with this program planning guide. Specific funding, implementation, and evaluation strategies are addressed, as are the specific needs of gifted students and programs working within a traditional school framework. n 144 pp., 100 ill.
Table of Contents:
Part One: Defining Artistic Giftedness
1. Where Does Talent Begin?
2. Artistic Giftedness and Modes of Intelligence
3. Characteristics of the Visually Gifted
4. Critical Sensitivity: The Unexplored Dimension
Planning a Program
5. Initiators: Who Gets Things Going?
6. Funding: Who Pays?
7. Identification: Who Will Be Served?
8. Curriculum: What Shall be Taught?
9. Location: Where Shall We Meet?
10. Evaluation: How Far Have We Come?
11. Dissemination: Letting People Know?
Part Three: Model Programs
12. Examples of Programs