By Denise Stone
Turn your local art museum into a learning environment
How can the museum be incorporated into the school curriculum in a meaningful way? How does one teach in a museum setting? The author’s practical approach and the inclusion of ideas and material for classroom instruction make this text—and your local art museum—exceptional educational resources.
Available individually or as part of the Art Education in Practice Series. 132 pages, softcover
Table of Contents
- Reproducible worksheets and checklists for planning your museum trips
- Ways to use the Internet as a museum education resource
- Examples of programs that engage students in meaningful ways
- Practical guidance in designing meaningful visits to the museums
- Teaching tips and resources
- The Art Museum as a Resource
- Museum Field Trips
- Bringing the Museum to the Classroom
- Working with Museum Educators
- The Internet as a Museum Education Resource
- The History Museum and the Art Curriculum
- Promoting the Art Museum
ORDERING INFORMATION: Please allow one to two business days to process your order. After processing, you will receive your login credentials to access your online copy of Using the Art Museum DIGITAL.
Learn about the print edition of Using the Art Museum.