Teaching Children to Draw
By Marjorie and Brent Wilson
Teaching Children to Draw, Marjorie and Brent Wilson’s classic guide for teachers and parents, has been expanded and updated. The new version details the artworks children make as three types:
This book suggests what adults can do and say to help children go beyond where they would on their own including:
- Drawing on their own—where their drawings are influenced by other children and popular visual culture,
- Teacher-initiated playful and game-like drawing activities,
- Adults and children drawing together to create new visual worlds.
- Expanding their graphic development in playful ways.
- Self-discovery through the use of narrative drawings about themselves, their worlds, and thinking creatively about their futures.
- Observation of how the three types of drawing influence each other.
Tags: Teaching Children to Draw, drawing, early childhood, elementary, Marjorie Wilson, Brent Wilson
This product has no customer reviews.
Must have an account to rate and/or review.
Sign in or