Critique strategies that work in a variety of settings
Sample critiques provide real classroom perspective on dealing with meaning, gender issues, influences, and more. General recommendations for interactive group critiques and judging student art round out this practical teacher’s guide.
Available individually or as part of the Art Education in Practice Series. 120 pages, softcover
- Realistic models for facilitating dialogue about art
- Samples of critical discussions
- Techniques on conducting successful studio critques
- Recommendations for interactive group critiques
Table of Contents
- Studio Concepts: As They Are and As They Could Be
- A Sampler of Critical Discussions
- Interpreting Student Art
- Judging Student Art
- General Recommendations for Interactive Group Critiques
Learn about the digital edition of Talking about Student Art.