A program designed to inspire and engage middle school students
Engage middle school students with:
- Brilliant fine art images
- 54 studios with stellar examples of student artwork
- Art criticism of fine art and student artwork
- Technique illustrations
- Artist biographies
- Time Lines
- Globes and maps
- Handy reference material
Introduce . . . your students to art's most fundamental concepts in the book's inviting opening section, An Introduction to Art.
- Present—through inspiring images and simple text -- art's forms and purposes, subjects, themes, and media
- Take a visual look at the elements of art and principles of design
- Explore basic steps in art criticism and the 5-step process for studio work
Reinforce . . . concepts and skills through 54 engaging studios.
- Skills and Techniques lessons in each unit allow in-depth coverage
- Consistent "Observe, Tools, Practice" sequence encourages good creative habits
- Carefully-chosen fine art supports text
- Studio Exploration lessons in every unit focus on thoughtful, relevant use of elements and principles and techniques
- Simple line art clarifies processes
- Art criticism exercises hone students' skills in self and peer revision
Review . . . basic skills, techniques, and concepts through the clear, comprehensive Student Handbook.
- Revisit elements and principles
- Study a simplified chronology of western art styles and movements
- Refer to safety information and art forms, as well as matting, framing, and other essential skills
Table of Contents
An Introduction to Art
Unit 1: Artists Are Storytellers
Unit 2: Artists Are Recorders
Unit 3: Artists Are Designers
Unit 4: Artists Are Teachers
Unit 5: Artists Are Naturalists
Unit 6: Artists Are Messengers
Unit 7: Artists Are Inventors
Unit 8: Artists Are Planners
Unit 9: Artists Are Pioneers
Tags: Explorations in Art, A Personal Journey, middle school, junior high, Student Book, Marilyn G. Stewart, Eldon Katter, Marilyn Stewart
This product has no customer reviews.
Must have an account to rate and/or review.
Sign in or