Rethinking Curriculum in Art Education
By Marilyn G. Stewart and Sydney R. Walker
Practical support for thematic teaching in art
Research shows that thematic teaching across the curriculum significantly increases student engagement. This groundbreaking book by Marilyn Stewart and Sydney Walker gives concrete examples of how teachers can enhance their current lessons and studio activities by organizing them around meaningful, universal themes like identity, conflict, and relationships.
Available individually or as part of the Art Education in Practice Series. 162 pages, softcover
Table of Contents
- Step-by-step guidelines for selecting content for organizing art instruction
- Sample completed worksheets and charts to guide curriculum planning
- Examples from actual units of study
- Reproducible worksheets, sample rubrics, and more
Learn about the digital edition of Rethinking Curriculum in Art Education.
- Rethinking Curriculum in Context
- Making It Count: Unit Foundations
- Making Choices: Selecting Lesson Content to Build on Unit Foundations
- Helping Students Learn: Instruction
- Targeting Understanding: Assessment and the Curriculum
- Art and Integrated Curriculum
- Visual Culture and the Curriculum
Tags: Rethinking Curriculum in Art Education, Art Education in Practice Series, Marilyn G. Stewart, Sydney R. Walker, professional development
This product has no customer reviews.
Must have an account to rate and/or review.
Sign in or