Understanding and analyzing how art functions in history, society and everyday life.
This new edition of Discovering Art History will show students how the visual arts serve to shape and reflect ideas, issues, and themes from the time of the first cave paintings to the twenty-first century.
Thirty laminated 18" x 24" fine art prints showcase major art forms, historical periods, and cultural events. Teacher's Guide includes design analysis, background information, and a lesson plan for each image.
List of Artworks:
- Oceanic Mask, Sugriwa
- Nkisi Nkonde, Power Figure
- Helen Cordero, Cochiti Pueblo Storyteller
- Cave Drawing, Wooly Rhinoceros
- Egyptian, Double Case from Tutankhamen Tomb
- Greek, Vase, dipylon, colossal, Funerary scene
- Roman, Bedroom from Villa of P. Fannius
- Spain, Mosque, Cordoba
- Franco-Flemish, The Hunt of the Unicorn
- Paris, France, Gargoyles from the Cathedral of Notre Dame
- Sandro Botticelli, La Primavera
- Michelangelo, The Creation of Adam (detail)
- Albrecht Dürer, Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse
- Diego Velázquez, Surrender at Breda
- Jean-Antione Watteau, Embarkation for Cythera
- Joshua Johnson, The Westwood Children
- Jacques-Louis David, The Death of Marat
- Elizabeth Vigée-Lebrun, Marie Antionette and Her Children
- Gustave Courbet, Studio of a Painter
- Edouard Manet, Luncheon on the Grass
- Edgar Degas, Little Fourteen-Year-Old Dancer
- Vincent van Gogh, Bedroom at Arles
- Henri Matisse, Green Stripe (Madame Matisse)
- Pablo Picasso, Family of Saltimbanques
- Georgia O’Keeffe, Cow's Skull with Calico Roses
- Frederick Remington, A Dash for the Timber
- Maya Ying Lin, Vietnam Veteran's Memorial
- I. M. Pei, & Partners, East Building of the National Gallery of Art, Washington D.C.
- Robert Rauschenberg, Bed
- Jaune Quick-to-See Smith, Rainbow
Tags: Discovering Art History, art, history, art history, prints, posters, large reproductions, high school, Gerald F. Brommer, Gerald Brommer
This product has no customer reviews.
Must have an account to rate and/or review.
Sign in or