History Through Art Timeline & Guide
15 feet of Art History!
Works of art are more than just illustrations; they are historical documents which contain fascinating and important information about the human experience. By analyzing works of art against their historical backdrop, History Through Art Timeline helps students increase their visual literacy as they broaden their historical perspective.
Centered around a series of inquiry-based exercises and 43 works of art, History Through Art Timeline consists of three components:
- A durable and dramatic classroom timeline visually links historical events with specific works of art. Timeline from 16,000 B.C. through present.
- A practical Teacher's Guide explores the historical and cultural clues held by each work of art. Keywords, studio activities, and reproducible pages for students are some of the features included.
This dynamic classroom resource will invigorate and extend any history/social studies curriculum.
Teacher's Guide Table of Contents
- Powerful Images on Practical Tools
- Mighty Deeds Recounted on an Everyday Object
- Prehistoric Builders Measure the Seasons
- Law is Strengthened Through Art and Writing
- Risk and Skill in Ritual and Sport
- Witness to an Ancient Technology and Culture
- Animals as Landscape and Symbols
- Bold Monuments in Ancient Colonies
- Truly Being What One Wears
- The Teachings of Immense Building
- Victory as Depicted by the Winners
- A Woman Helps Lead in a Difficult World
- Serving the State and Satisfying the Gods
- Honoring the Ships of the Desert
- Putting Education First
- History Turns on a Single Battle
- Writing as Both an Educational and Spiritual Tool
- A Time of Change in Feudal Japan
- A Disturbing Response to an Epidemic in Europe
- A Look at Extremes of Medieval Society
- Politics, Power, and the Meaning of Success
- Capitalism and a Changing World
- Europe Discovers Childhood
- Ominous Warnings About Dangerous Habits
- Life in an African Royal Court
- Changes in Science and Society
- Propaganda in Early America
- Adjusting to a World of New Technology
- One Culture, Two Worlds
- Overcoming the Chains of Oppression
- Old Traditions Survive in a New Time
- Can Technology Answer the World's Problems?
- A New View of the Self
- An Environmental Catastrophe
- Masking the Face of Stalin's Soviet Union
- New Opportunities for Women
- Aftermath of Disaster
- Life in a Consumer Culture
- A Sign of the Times
- An American Popular Hero
- Reexamining Childhood and the Mother Role
- Tough Choices in Caring for the Environment
- Assessing the Past, Anticipating the Future
Answers to Comprehension Questions
Map: Eastern Hemisphere
Map: Western Hemisphere
Tags: History Through Art Timeline & Guide, Jeffry Uecker, timeline
This product has no customer reviews.
Must have an account to rate and/or review.
Sign in or