Explorations in Art, 6th Grade, Teacher’s Edition
Each Teacher’s Edition includes a wealth of point-of-use teaching support designed to help teachers easily pick and choose.
Some of the many features of teaching support include:
- Support for differentiated instruction
- Numerous links across the curriculum
- Reading and language arts links
- Suggestions for Children’s Trade Books for each lesson and Studio Exploration
- Biographies of featured artists in the Student Book
- Evaluation criteria for each studio
- Rubrics, informal assessment checklists, and performance tasks
- Classroom display options
- Tips for visual culture and literacy, aesthetic thinking, Web connections, and much more!
Each two-page spread in the Teacher’s Edition includes:
Teacher’s Edition: Table of Contents
- Prepare: Each lesson includes three lesson objectives that relate to the theme, the art concepts, and the studio.
- Studio Evaluation Criteria: Each studio includes evaluation criteria at point-of-use.
- Aesthetic Awareness: Each lesson ends with a suggestion for encouraging students to view their world like an artist, and to look for the concepts they learned about in the world around them.
- Quick Question Review: A quick way for students to review what they’ve learned. Questions are designed to be quick and easy, and to promote Every Pupil Response (EPR) to encourage participation by all students.
- Differentiated Instruction: Differentiated Instruction includes tips for five categories of learners: Extra Help, Advanced, Spanish Speakers, English Language Learners, and Special Needs.
- Children’s Trade Books: Suggested Children’s Trade Books are included with each lesson. All reading and language arts extensions are highlighted in green boxes.
- About the Artist: Biographical information is included in the Teacher’s Edition for each featured artist.
- Assess: Tips for formative, informal assessment are included at the end of each lesson. These tips correlate to the three lesson objectives.
- Close: Each lesson includes two close activities: Quick Question Review and Aesthetic Awareness.
- Lesson Resources: Each lesson is correlated to a Large Reproduction, and Overhead Transparency, and Digital Image to extend learning to a new image.
Authors, Consultants, and Reviewers
Letter from the Authors
Unit 1: Day-to-Day Observation
Unit 2: Harmony: Connecting with Nature
Unit 3: Stories: Ideas and Expression
Unit 4: Design: Form and Function
Unit 5: Communicating Ideas: Signs and Symbols
Unit 6: Celebration: Memory and Ideals
Student Book Index
Tags: Explorations in Art, Teacher’s Edition, elementary, Marilyn G. Stewart, Eldon Katter
This product has no customer reviews.
Must have an account to rate and/or review.
Sign in or