Revised and Expanded!
For two decades, Art from Many Hands has been the resource of choice for teachers wanting to foster cultural awareness and teach about the world's artistic traditions.
Authentic works of art coupled with background on a region's cultural practices launch studio projects that explore diverse crafts processes. Concise, step-by-step instructions built around inexpensive, readily-available supplies make this book an infinitely practical resource for art specialists and classroom teachers alike.
A methodology for teaching multicultural art projects helps you integrate these activities into your curriculum. In addition, projects are easily adapted to fit the needs of various skill and age levels.
What's NEW in the expanded Art from Many Hands:
- A new chapter on Oceanic Arts
- A new chapter on the Aboriginal Arts of Australia
- 234 new color images
- New supplies and techniques
- New safety tips
PLUS 23 entirely new projects, including:
- Ancient Greek Sculpture
- Kites of Southeast Asia
- Peruvian Embroidery
- Prehistoric Cave Paintings of France and Spain
- Stained glass of Great Britain
- Plains Indians Shirts and Vests
- Felt Rugs of Central Asia
Table of Contents
- A Method for Teaching Multicultural Art Projects
- Arts of West Africa
- Arts of the Middle East
- European Arts
- Asian Arts
- The Arts of Oceania
- The Aboriginal Arts of Australia
- Mexican, Central American, and South American Arts
- Arts of the Caribbean Islands
- Arts of the U.S. and Canada
- Multicultural Art Fairs
- Glass Cutting
- Plaster of Paris
- Wool Sources