In the early 1920s, three printing companies combined forces to build The Printer’s Building. They believed it would be more efficient to have binders and printers in the
same facility and product could shift between the floors. The Printer’s Building is also one of only two buildings designed to withstand the weight of heavy presses.
The tenants of The Printer’s Building have changed over the years. In addition to Davis Publications, it now provides offices for an offset printer, a digital copy and binding
printer, WICN (a public radio station with a Jazz format), a budding film production company, and a non-profit focused on the economic development of Worcester.
Below: A photographic history of the construction of The Printer’s Building in 1922.